Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Writer's Block and Silence in the Garden

Today we walked for almost 45 minutes in the gardens and what did I get?--nothing--nada--zip--a big fat zero.

I didn't meet anyone visiting a loved one.

I didn't feel any of the residents stand up and want to talk.

The dogs didn't even go in the right direction when I let them go to chase the dirt rats.  No wonder those rodents laugh at them.

Last night I met two women who wandered from section to section, putting flowers on relatives and some of their relatives friends' graves.  I thought I had an idea about a blog entry.  When I started to write, it didn't sound that great--one big white blank.

Typical--writer's block.  Just when I thought things were going well, I come up with a goose egg--I wish I had a goose egg, I could at least scramble it up for an omelet.

Perhaps tomorrow someone will want to talk to me--or perhaps I'll hear an interesting story--or get a better idea.   Until then, I'll have to be patient and try again.

I put in a picture of my mom.  Why did I have to look like my dad? 


This is my beautiful momma--one of the glamor shots taken in the 1940's when she modeled hats for a living--along with being a secretary at Boeing where she chit-chatted with Clark Gable who flew test planes during World War II.  I sure miss you momma.  You are my roll model (pun very much intended)--someday I might even get skinny like you, babe.  Love always.




No comments:

Post a Comment