Monday, August 19, 2013

Finding Art in Memory Gardens Cemetery Part 1

The artwork on the headstones and name plates in the garden often fascinates me.  It's not only decorative, it tells something about the resident the artwork belongs to.  There are so many nifty works of craftsmanship, that I've named this part one, because every time I go to the garden I see something new; and often I've walked by the piece and didn't notice it. I usually see something interesting but I didn't bring my camera, and when I go back, I can't find it again.

So here are ten I found beautiful, touching, or interesting:  (Most are self-explanatory, so I won't label them--but a few need a comment.  I haven't put them into any particular order either.)


  
                                                       This is an engraving of the LDS temple in Arizona.
  

   
                                                                                   (Obviously a Disney lover!)
  (Yes, this is an inverted pentagram.  But from the inscriptions inside the star it indicates this person was part of the medical profession.  A long time ago I was watching an episode of "Paranormal State" where they were investigating a prison.  Their researcher couldn't find any reason why a prison would have an inverted pentagram as a piece of decorative stain glass except for Satanic reasons.  Now I have to wonder, just how good a researcher that show had at the time.)
 (This might look like something from Nazi Germany, but it is an early Boy Scout symbol.  I'm very interested if it does have any links to the nationalism movement in the late 1890's or early 1900's.  If anyone can help me with this, it would be very helpful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment